Friday, April 3, 2009

Washing the Dishes


Man, I really have to start doing my Friday entries earlier in the day. I've often skipped Fridays because it comes down to crunch time and I just want to get the fuck to the bar. So here's an entry that I "put a lot of effort into."

Washing the dishes. It's not that I have a problem with having clean dishes. It's not like it's torture either. There are just a bunch of little things about doing the dishes that make me wish I didn't have to do them.

1)I don't have time. I'm a very busy person. I simply don't have enough time in my schedule between procrastinating and being completely unproductive to squeeze in something like washing the dishes.

2)When you have long curly hair, looking down is a bit of a chore. Hair sticks to other hair and becomes a mess in front of your face. When you keep brushing it away with soapy, wet hands, pretty soon you look like you've been trying to shampoo only the hair that outlines your face.

3)I'm kind of like a cat. I really don't like to get wet I don't have to. I feel entirely different when it comes to getting girls wet, however.

4)I live with people who eat some disgusting things from time to time. It's hard not to at least cringe when you pick up a plate that looks as though somebody took a beer shit directly on top of it.

5)The towel gets too damn wet before I'm finished drying. I don't want to bust out a new towel with 4 dishes left to dry, but on the other hand, I don't want to feel like I'm wiping them down like a donut shop employee wipes down a table.

Seriously, I hope someday I have a robot that can do the dishes for me. Someone should work on that. A robot that does peoples' dishes. Imagine if you never had to never had to wash dishes again! It would all be done by machine.

My god, what the future holds for us, folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment