Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The First Jog of the Year


Yesterday I started running again after slacking over the winter because I'm not one of those insane joggers that runs in blizzards. And treadmills don't seem to be my thing. I've been getting a little bit doughy again so I decided it was time to stop being lazy and hit the road.

Since it had been several months since my last run, I figured I should start out easy and not do any epic runs. I stretched for a few minutes and then ran to the end of my road and back which is about 3.5km. When I got back home I was actually quite proud of how I did for a first go. I really thought it would be more agonizing than it was.

Later on that day some odd circumstances caused me to power-walk for a straight hour and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Around the time I got home from work (12:30am) the day's exercise started to catch up with me. Today I've really felt it.

My hips hurt, my hamstrings hurt, my thighs hurt, my ass hurts, my groin hurts, my lower abs hurt, even my hair hurts. That and my new "old man walk" indicate to me that perhaps I overdid it just a touch. Seriously, I'm shuffling along. I can't even take full steps without feeling the aches.

The only thing I really want right now is to go home, soak my ass in steaming hot water for a good hour, and then have some cute, nimble-fingered Asian girl to dry me off and massage me for like 12 days. That would be like the best thing ever right now.

The moral of the story is that I shouldn't be such a lazy fatass.

No comments:

Post a Comment