Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dickhead Birds


The seagull I saw today was being a complete asshole. Not to me though. If I were ever in a fight with a seagull I'd probably lose. He'd probably be pecking at my face as I tried to reason with him verbally. Seagulls show no mercy even with pacifists.

But today I saw a seagull in a parking lot with a much smaller bird. They were fighting over a small scrap of food. The tiny bird would peck at it and then the seagull would pick it up in it's beak and move it away from the little bird. So the little bird would hop around and try to peck at it again and the seagull would pick it up and move it away again. What an asshole!

This continued for a couple minutes until the tiny bird got frustrated and flew away and the seagull proudly enjoyed the scrap of food. I wish the seagull would have just shared. It was kind of a dick move for him to use his size against the tiny bird. It reminded me of two brothers. You know, when the little brother wants something the big brother has and the big brother holds it way above his head. All the little kid can do is cry and desperately jump for it. Or knock the big kid in the balls and steal the item when he bends over in pain. I wish the tiny bird would have knocked the seagull in the balls.

Really though, if we humans can arm countries we're supposedly at war with, surely seagulls can give their bird brothers the end of a french fry. Is the end of a fry really too much for a tiny little birdie to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment